• All locks shall meet ANSI/BHMA A156.2, Series 4000, Grade 2 test requirements for key-in-lever locksets.
• Locksets shall be UL listed 3 hour A Label.
• Lever trim shall have individual heavy-duty springs for lever return and to prevent lever sag. Trim shall be through-bolted.
• All lever designs shall be solid (no inserts) and meet the federal ADA and state disability requirements.
• Locksets shall adjust to fit door thickness from 1-3/8” to 1-3/4”.
• All locksets shall be non-handed and shall not require field disassembly for re-handing.
• Preparation for door must be non-handed.
• Acceptable manufacturer: Falcon LockSpecifications
Backset: 2-3/4” standard; 2-3/8” also available.
Mechanism: Parts constructed of brass or cold-formed steel, zinc plated and dichromated for rust resistance. Springs are stainless steel.
Attachment: Lock chassis secured to door by two screws which pass through a steel rose insert inside and thread directly into the outer rose-mounting assembly, and two screws that screw into the chassis assembly.
Handing: Locks are non-handed.
Cylinder: Pinning in six chambers. Cylinder assemblies removable to re-key. Also available with 6- or 7-pin interchangeable core cylinders. Cylinder housings and plugs machined from solid brass. Springs are stainless steel. Two nickel silver keys furnished standard.
Competitor Cylinder: The W Series accepts standard 6-pin cylinders available from Falcon, as well as Schlage, Corbin-Russwin, Yale and Sargent.
Keyways: “G” keyway standard on Falcon standard cylinders. “A” keyway standard on I/C core cylinders. Also available with some optional keyways. Schlage “C” keyway also available on standard cylinders, includes master key. Master keying available on all Falcon and Schlage “C” keyways.
Trim: Roses are heavy wrought brass or bronze, installed over steel rose inserts which are through-bolted through door. Levers are pressure-cast zinc (solid levers-no-inserts) finished to match mating parts.
Latches: 1/2” bolt projection made of stainless steel and UL listed for 3-hour door assemblies. Latches have self-adjusting fronts to accommodate beveled or flat doors. 2-3/8” backset with 1” x 2-1/4” latch faces or 2-3/4” backset with 1-1/8” x 2-1/4” latch faces.
Strikes: 4-7/8” x 1-1/4” ANSI strike with curved lip to meet ANSI A115.2 door frame preparation standard. Consult Options and Accessories section for other available strikes, sizes and configurations.
Screws: Furnished with combination screws for use in wood or metal doors and frames.
ANSI/BHMA: Meets ANSI/BHMA A156.2, Series 4000, Grade 2.
UL: 3-hour A label.